The Temperate Database is in the process of being updated, with new records being added and old ones being checked and brought up to date where necessary. This record has not yet been checked and updated.
Neomyrtus pedunculata is a Shrub up to 6.00 metres tall.
It is harvested from the wild for local use as a food.
Coastal to lower montane forest and shrubland on North, South and Stewart Islands, south from 35° south[
- Economic Native Plants of New Zealand.
- Brooker. S. G., Cambie. R. C. and Cooper. R. C.
- Oxford University Press
- An interesting and readable book on the useful plants of New Zealand.
- Native Edible Plants of New Zealand.
- Crowe. A.
- Hodder and Stoughton
- A very well written and illustrated book based on the authors own experiments with living on a native diet.
If you have any useful information about this plant, please leave a comment. Comments have to be approved before they are shown here.