The Temperate Database is in the process of being updated, with new records being added and old ones being checked and brought up to date where necessary. This record has not yet been checked and updated.
Laserpitium prutenicum is a Biennial up to 0.90 metres tall.
It is harvested from the wild for local use as a medicine..
- Flora Europaea
- Cambridge University Press
- An immense work in 6 volumes (including the index). The standard reference flora for Europe, it is very terse though and with very little extra information. Not for the casual reader.
An easily satisfied plant, it succeeds in ordinary garden soil[
- RHS Dictionary of Plants plus Supplement. 1956
- F. Chittendon.
- Oxford University Press
- Comprehensive listing of species and how to grow them. Somewhat outdated, it has been replaced in 1992 by a new dictionary (see ).
Poultice, salve. A resin from the roots is used in the treatment of skin complaints[
- A Dictionary of Plants Used by Man.
- Usher. G.
- Forget the sexist title, this is one of the best books on the subject. Lists a very extensive range of useful plants from around the world with very brief details of the uses. Not for the casual reader.
Seed - sow spring in a cold frame. When they are large enough to handle, prick the seedlings out into individual pots and grow them on in the greenhouse for their first winter. Plant them out into their permanent positions in late spring or early summer, after the last expected frosts.
If you have any useful information about this plant, please leave a comment. Comments have to be approved before they are shown here.